Ok folks, time for some very american, in-your-face honesty: I am officially a lazy blogger.
Yep. Although I'm sure this is something you have all figured out now, I think it's time I admit it. I think there are a few reasons for this I would like to share with you all now to quell my guilt:
1) I have become used to Africa.
- this is a scary thought, but I think it can help to explain my terrible regularity with postings. I am now viewing things that happen here as normal. This leads to less surprise, and therefore less motivation to quickly share the strangeness with you all.
2) Twitter syndrome.
- even when strange things do happen, I can twitter them and then don't feel the need to ramble on in a posting about the event. Also, I feel like the punchline of a potential posting has been ruined as the tweet usually exposes the whole point of a posting.
3) Lack of internet.
- here's a softball but humor me. I am now using internet about 1 hour per week, and this is usually spent catching up on emails (or lately, catching up on phish tour news....sorry - i do have priorities).
4) I'm a lazy african.
- yes, all the excuses in the world could be placed here, but the fact of the matter is i'm lazy. Not that this is a new development, but it is now translating itself into more of my daily life here.
SOLUTIONS: As commendable as it is to admit you are wrong, it does nothing without posing some solutions. So here they are.
Stick with me, i will try to improve.
- As i type this i am watching my internet timer quickly tick down to under 5 mins and once again i have not posted any meaningful news from here. But i am going to try to update more, so just stick with me. In the meantime keep watching twitter for randomness in my daily life.
That's it for now!! Hope someone is still out there reading this.
Love to you all,
Eric.
1 comment:
Brutally honest it may be......earthshattering it is not....new information, it is not!! BUT, WE STILL LOVE YOU!! Mom & Dad
Post a Comment